This Rakshabandhan treat your cousins and siblings by making this delicious yet super simple Oreo cheesecake without any hassle!
Here are the ingredients you will require
1 Packet Oreo cookies(crushed)
5-7 oreos crushed(optional)
1 cup melted butter
Cream cheese- 1 stick
2 1/2 cups whipped cream
Utensils and supply required
Stand mixer (electric beater would work too)
For the crust
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Scoop the crumbs into a mixing bowl, and the melted butter, and mix until are of the crumbs are moistened.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper, scoop the mixture into the pan, and firmly press it down into one even layer. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake batter
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and pour in the heavy whipping cream, then increase to medium-high speed and continue mixing until the mixture has thickened and hold soft peaks on the beaters when they are lifted (this may take about 3-5 minutes). Add in the chopped Oreos and gently fold them into the mixture until just combined.
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator, scoop the cheesecake filling onto the crust, and gently spread it around into one even layer.
- If using the topping, add the extra chopped Oreos on top and gently press them down a little.
- Cover tightly and transfer back to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove the no-bake cheesecake from the pan, slice and enjoy!