CMAT– What is CMAT? CMAT is also known as Common Management Admission test that is considered to be an online computer based test which is generally conducted by the All India council for technical education .i.e. AICTE India. It is considered to be the national level examination for facilitating the institutions to select appropriate students for admission in all management programs which have to be approved by AICTE.
In the year 2012, the first edition of CMAT was conducted. The first CMAT was conducted in the year 2014 and approximately 1.2 lacs candidates participated in this examination. And the results were declared on 14th March 2014.
It is a three-hour test. In the year 2012, it was conducted for the period of nine days .i.e. from 20th February to 28th February that too in two shifts at 61 locations all over India.
The question paper was divided into four parts that included the following:
- Quantitative system
- coherent analysis
- Language comprehension
- General awareness
For every part, there were around 25 questions each and each correct answer carried four marks while negative marking was done for each wrong answer.
According to latest reports, AICTE has now decided that CMAT should also be conducted in abroad for facilitating eligible NRIs/PIOs and other foreign associates to appear in CMAT for seeking admissions in any Institute of India by following the merit list of CMAT for the year 2014-2015 under the special guidelines designed by AICTE approval process and against all the other vacancies left after completion of centralised admission in other management institutions.
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
To appear for CMAT, AICTE has certified the qualification criteria which have to be fulfilled by each and every one who ever apply for the CMAT or are interested in appearing for this test. The candidates must assure that they have fulfilled the qualification criteria of CMAT, before filling the application form. If you do not fulfil the same may result in disqualification of the candidates regardless of the stage of admission an applicant will be.
The qualifications criteria are as follows:
- Only Citizens who belong to India can apply for this irrespective of their age.
- Minimum education qualification should be that of a graduate from a well-known university or institute.
- Candidates who have applied for the test will be considered eligible even if their results are awaited.
- There will be no age limit.
- Graduates should at least attain 50% at any cost.
HOW TO APPLY?
- The first and foremost step to fill CMAT application form is that candidates are first required to create an account in which they are required to upload the following scanned picture and signature while filling the registration form.
- Candidates should make sure about the following fundamentals before filling the application procedure, as mentioned below:
- Email address and password should be valid
- Bring all the required qualification details before giving CCMAT.
- A scanned picture with 140*160 dimensions and also a scanned signature with 60*90 dimensions
- Your mobile no. Should be valid as well in case of information is sent to you via SMS.
- If you wish to pay online you should have a valid credit card or debit card
- If you are planning to pay by cash at bank make sure you should carry last three print copies of challan.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!