coconut oil benefits and side effects Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and healthy acids like caprylic, capric, lauric and mystic acid.
Coconut oil is very useful in smoothing, softening and lubricating your skin cells and it helps to break down the dead cells, it heals acne and will hydrate you skin. Regular use of coconut oil will hydrate and condition your dull skin.
- Tips For Weight Loss
coconut oil benefits and side effects
It’s a well-known fact that Coconut Oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. These properties make Coconut Oil a very healthy choice for several health conditions. The list is pretty exhaustive:
– Weight loss
– Improvement of Type II Diabetes
– Prevention of Gum Diseases and Tooth Decay
– Known to reduces symptoms of Gallbladder Disease
– Improves Digestion
– Improves Energy
– Improves Memory
– Boosts Immune System
– Reduces Inflammation
– Helps in balancing hormones
– Treatment of yeast infections
But, did you know that this amazing natural product is also your skin’s best friend? Coconut oil is a multi-talented oil and depending on your skin type – you can use it as a moisturizer, cleanser and even as a sunscreen. This oil protects your skin and helps in healing the skin because of the antioxidants present in it. Coconut oil also reduces inflammation as it contains fatty acids. Here are some of the ways in which coconut oil can be used in your daily beauty routine:
1. Face Wash: Melt the coconut oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp baking soda and 5 tbsp of any of your favourite essential oils suitable for application your face. Store this homemade face wash liquid in a jar.
2. Coconut oil and turmeric face mask: This face pack is very good for lightening your skin tones by moisturizing and hydrating it. It helps to reduce your blemish and acne; it fights with fine lines and wrinkles. This face pack is very good skin discoloration as it evens your skin.
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Mix coconut oil and turmeric together
- On your clean face apply this face mask for 15 minutes.
- With cold water rinse your face and then pat dry your face.
3. Face Scrub: Mix coconut oil with coconut sugar and use this mixture as a scrub on your face for at least 2-3 times a week. This will give you a much smoother skin than ever before.
4. Sunburn Relief: The harsh rays of the sun can dry the delicate skin on your face and you look older. Coconut oil helps you to get rid of that redness and itching (if you experience it) as it rehydrates the skin.
5. Night Cream: Add a few drops of coconut oil to your moisturizer and apply it at night before sleeping if you are prone to face acne. If not, then you can apply the oil as it is on your face.