The thought of getting married is itself a staggering process. Apart from dance, music, rituals, venue, food is also considered to be an integral part of an Indian wedding. Yes, deciding what food should be served at your wedding might the last thing in your mind because at this point in time you might be more concerned about other important things. Though, one must not forget about the wedding menu because it is certainly very important for guests.
Here are some of the factors you should take care of while choosing your Indian wedding caterer and menu:
- Plan in Advance: The first and foremost step to be taken for an Indian Wedding is planning in advance about how the wedding preparations should be taken forward. If you’re well prepared then your event will function smoothly. Make a list of all the guests who are invited to the wedding event which will help you decide your catering budget and make future arrangements.
- Type of catering services: Another important step is to decide what type of caterer is required for your wedding event and for that you can ask your friends, colleagues, recent brides, family or other wedding vendors for their recommendations. Before finalising the caterers speak to them over the phone so that you are able to understand what services they offer and you can even provide them with the basic details of your wedding event that includes the date and time of the day and the venue where the event is going to be held.
- A cost of catering services: Different caterers provide different catering services. Before finalising the caterer for your event, make sure you have obtained a written agreement of the services they will be providing. This agreement shall contain all the extra charges if any, services like table setup and cleanup because in most Indian wedding caterers choose “per head” price so you need to finalise the guest list in advance. Before making an agreement with the catering service company you’re required to book a venue first where all these arrangements can take place.
- Cuisines Selection: Food is an integral part of any wedding event. Thus, cuisines selection is also very important for your wedding event. Most Indian wedding menu differs from person to person or is based on regional preferences. Make sure that your selected caterers are offering a holistic selection of vegetarians as well as non-vegetarian dishes which would include all three courses such as snacks, main course and desserts. Also, enquire whether your caterer specialises in the kind of cuisine you’re looking for (E.g. South Indian and North Indian etc). If you want to have a wide range of cuisines then make sure that your caterer provides you with all of them.
- Tasting session: Once you’ve selected the cuisines next step you should follow is that of a tasting session. Once the menu has been decided, make sure you’ve tasted the food as well because it will help you to identify the quality of food. It is the most important part and a tasting will help you to understand the style and the presentation of the food that is going to be served and it will give you an ample amount of opportunity to amplify the taste and quality of food if any.
In order to give your guest a true culinary experience that they deserve, it is essential for you to choose the best catering services possible. It is a good idea if you shortlist some of the wedding catering companies before finalising one to make your event memorable.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!